Our Trip to Alaska

We hope that you will enjoy keeping up with our family as we visit Alaska for 4 months.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

We Finally met Sarah Palin!

Everynight, Monday through Friday since we've been in Alaska, we have gone to AT&T Sports Center.  The older kids enjoy their gym class, Andrew enjoys playing in the nursery, and I walk on the track.  The track is upstairs looking down onto the basketball courts, so I can see everything going on below.  When I was walking last night, Ben came running up beside me and said "SHE'S here".  The fact that we go everyday left me asking "WHO"?  He said Sarah Palin.  He walked me over to look down and there she was, watching her daughter's basketball game.  By the time Ben went back down to ask her if we could get a picture with her after the game (we didn't want to keep her from watching her child's game), the game was over and she was gone.  My sister and I went to look for her and found her leaving.  I asked her would she wait while I got the kids and she did.  She was so sweet to wait on me and it really meant a lot to all of us.  On a different note, the boys enjoyed a Merit Badge Lock In this past weekend and earned a couple of badges.  Troop 300 has been wonderful to the boys!  This weekend, we are going to see the Iditarod begin and we are taking the kids skiing.  Today, is March 1...22 days and we will be SC bound!  For those of you wondering...Alaska is a great place, but our family loves South Carolina!  I've had a lot of people want to know if we are moving here.  The answer is no.  As a matter of fact, this summer we will be moving back to Greenwood because our house has not sold.  Don't know what God has planned for us, but I do know that He has everything under control!!  Hoping to do a little more sight seeing over the next few weeks, so stay tuned as we wind down our time in AK.

No comments:

Post a Comment