Our Trip to Alaska

We hope that you will enjoy keeping up with our family as we visit Alaska for 4 months.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's SNOWING...finally

This morning we finally woke up to snow.  I guess that it has snowed about 3 inches so far and we are supposed to get more over the next few days.  This weekend will mark a month that we've been here and this is the first real snowfall that we've seen.  The other snow we saw was beautiful, but it only lasted about 30 minutes.  We are going to try and take advantage of it this weekend and take the kids snowskiing.  I'm going to just watch for 2 reasons...1)  I don't want to break anything and 2)  I certainly do not want to look as foolish as my husband did coming down the hill!  HAHA!!  Joshua did not want to go last time and he regreted it, so he is going to try it this time.  On a different note...I was driving home from Anchorage by myself the other day.  The car was quiet and I was literally surrounded by the mountains.  It is just a beauty that you could never explain and one that pictures could never do justice to.  As cars flew by me, I was reminded of how we take for granted the beauty that God has blessed us with in His creation.  I also became fully aware of WHY people love Alaska so much.  One thing that we've noticed since being here is that the people are a lot more laid back.  As a whole, they don't seem to care what you drive or wear and we have found everyone to be extremely friendly.  The people of AK like to "play"and enjoy the outdoors...all you have to do is look around at all of the trucks pulling snowmachines.  I do miss SC, though!  I also miss Jeff and been very much reminded that he is my best friend...has been since we were 17 years old.  Moving on...  today is Ansley's 8th birthday, so we will be celebrating with her today.  I think that they are going snow tubing again for her party.  The kids loved snowtubing!  Well, gotta go play in the snow.  Hope that everyone is doing well at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment