Our Trip to Alaska

We hope that you will enjoy keeping up with our family as we visit Alaska for 4 months.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Getting Ready To Go

WOW!  Only two weeks left until we leave for Alaska.  It's hard to believe how fast December 22 is approaching.  We are busy this week getting finished with school, so that I can mail the school books.  I'm trying to make a list (and check it twice) of things that we need to get done before we leave, as well as what we need to have with us on the flight.  Any suggestions on flying almost 10 hours with 4 kids will be appreciated!  Here are some thoughts that are running through my mind as I write....
~It's cold HERE, but it's even colder THERE!  And I don't like cold.
~The kids sure are excited about the cold!  They were looking at the BSA Troop 300 website last night talking about how much fun the snowmobiling trip is going to be.
~I don't really LOVE to fly!
~The kids are excited about it.
~Will I forget something?  I know that I will, and I know that it will be o.k. if I do...but I still worry about it.
~Will we make it through airport security without Jeff lecturing everyone that profiling is a good thing?
~I sure hope that the kids (especially Andrew) will sleep most of the flight, considering it IS a night flight.
~I hate night flights!
~We're all looking forward to spending Christmas, New Years, etc. with my family.  I'm excited about the adventure the kids will have while we are there and the stories they will be able to tell their kids about one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment